I love old books in general but there’s nothing I like more than browsing through old cookbooks and imagining people, way back when, using them in their own kitchen.
I am going through all the old cookbooks I can get my hands on and try a variety of recipes. I don’t want to restrict myself to a specific kind of recipe but I want to try things that are somewhat out of the (modern) ordinary.
Read through my posts…
- 1950’s Shrimp Salad, from Recettes Éprouvées
- 1928 Nun’s Cake, from Anyone Can Bake
- 1965 Dinner, from Les Recettes Faciles
- 1973 Autumn Black Beans, from Recipes for a Small Planet
- 1974 Pumpkin-Themed Dishes, from Campbell Cookbook: Cooking with Soup