Today is my favorite day of the month! I FINALLY get to reveal what my generous foodie match sent me! This month, I sent a package to Amber, who lives in Pennsylvania. Check out her blog right here! She’s a senior in college and comes from a small town…sounds familiar enough! 🙂
I received my package from Julianne at Beyond Frosting! Julianne lives in California but is originally from Vermont so she understands my obsession with maple syrup! She posts the yummiest treats on her blog…makes it hard to ditch the carbs when, what I really want, is a dozen of her cupcakes! The package she sent me was incredibly generous and thoughtful. She made sure to include some elements that were following the Paleo guidelines as well as some nice treats.
Here’s a list of everything in the box:
- 3 types of coffee (medium and dark roasts from Starbucks and a maple pecan roast from World Market)
- 2 flavors of Justin’s Almond butter (I received some in November and was so very happy to get more!!!)
- 2 packs of roasted almonds (came in very handy while driving to Staunton!)
- 2 avocados (turned into guacamole the next day)
- Beans & Rice Chips (a revelation…I need more!)
- 2 packets of tuna (I must admit that I never tried tuna before (other than tuna steaks) so I look forward to try these!)
- Nuts and dried fruits mix (I’m keeping it for one of my upcoming drives to Staunton)
- A Cliff Crunch granola bar (another perfect snack to take on the road!)
- A hummus dip packet (So cool! I had never seen this format before and it was super tasty!)
- Green Superfood Chocolate Energy Bar (Super tasty and packed with so many good ingredients!)
- A sea salt dark chocolate bar (long gone but it was perfect for my sweet cravings while keeping up with Paleo)
- And last, but definitely not least…the best chocolate chips cookies I have ever had! Julianne was sweet enough to send a batch of homemade cookies! As I mentioned in a previous post, the first bite involved a happy dance! I managed to spread my cookie-eating through 4 days…and I must admit that I only let my husband have one. I’m not very good at sharing sweets apparently…
Julianne, thank you so very much for your fabulous package. I can’t wait to try making the cookies, although, from the speed I ate yours, I should probably wait a bit… 🙂
Are you interested to join the foodie pen pal program? Just click on the link below for more information!
Here are the basic rules of the Foodie Pen Pals Program:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail.
- The boxes are to be filled with $15 worth of fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats!
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers.